Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Priming Drywall

On 06/06/2016 13:38, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I could be wrong but I think the main constituent of drywall primers is PVA the one I used certainly smelt like It. You can get smaller tubs of primer for doing coving and is essentially the same stuff.

Richard

Certainly Artex plasterboard sealant is not PVA. It has an organic
solvent and handles very differently. Having left an area of the
bathroom bare for longer than intended, it provided extraordinarily good
protection.

Too damned expensive and only available (so far as I know) in too large
quantities.

--
Rod