Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks
Checkmate, DoW #1 Checkmate, DoW #1 is offline

Default ANTHONY ****SON CAN'T FIGGURE WHY "Paint won't stick to old siding"

In article ,
says...

On 6/6/2016 8:34 AM, HerHusband wrote:
We repainted my in-laws house a few years ago after doing some remodeling
work. We scraped the old paint off down to bare wood, sanded, cleaned with
TSP, primed with Kilz primer, and applied two top coats of latex paint.
Within a couple years, the paint and primer completely flaked off the
siding leaving bare wood underneath.

I don't think it's a moisture issue as we have brand new siding on the same
walls and the paint is holding up fine on the boards directly above and
below the old siding.

There's obviously an oil or something on the old siding that is preventing
the new paint from sticking. But I'm not sure how to treat the old siding
so the new latex paint won't just flake off again.

tONY, THAT FUSKIN' TSP'LL DO IT EVERY TIME.

Bingo!

--

Checkmate, AUK DoW #1, new Honorary FNVW of AUK, and Fakey's master
Destroyer of the AUK Ko0k Vote (Post-Burnore)