Posted to alt.home.repair

Default price of AAA alkaline / emergency lighting

On 06/04/2016 07:12 PM, Don Y wrote:

[snip]

I don't think of the "cost" in terms of the cost of replacement batteries
(which can be small, esp if using rechargeables).

I recognize that "cost" means a lot more than just money. That includes
the time it takes to replace the batteries, resetting the devices after
power loss, and maybe even environmental concerns (power inefficiency,
additional trash).

But, rather, the cost in terms of inconvenience and (un)reliability
for a battery operated product. E.g., I won't purchase power handtools
that
are battery operated. I want to KNOW that I can use a tool the moment I
take it off the shelf; the "inconvenience" of a cord is a non-issue.
Esp when contrasted with the inconvenience of having to wait for a battery
to charge *or* recharge while using the device (and, when the battery
ultimately fails is some time when you are USING the device).

Yes.

The convenience of battery (portable) power can be obtained without
the RELIANCE on battery power!

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"God is dead and no one cares" - Trent Reznor