Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default price of AAA alkaline / emergency lighting

On 6/4/2016 8:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/4/2016 8:12 PM, Don Y wrote:

But, rather, the cost in terms of inconvenience and (un)reliability
for a battery operated product. E.g., I won't purchase power handtools
that
are battery operated. I want to KNOW that I can use a tool the moment I
take it off the shelf; the "inconvenience" of a cord is a non-issue.
Esp when contrasted with the inconvenience of having to wait for a battery
to charge *or* recharge while using the device (and, when the battery
ultimately fails is some time when you are USING the device).

Depends on your needs. In a small shop or for bench work a cord is not a big
deal. Atop a ladder 200 feet from the nearest receptacle it sure is handy to
have battery operated tools.

That's why god invented portable gensets!

And, the genset will keep your frozen goods frozen regardless of how many
fully charged batteries you might have on hand!