Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default price of AAA alkaline / emergency lighting

On 6/4/2016 8:12 PM, Don Y wrote:

But, rather, the cost in terms of inconvenience and (un)reliability
for a battery operated product. E.g., I won't purchase power handtools
that
are battery operated. I want to KNOW that I can use a tool the moment I
take it off the shelf; the "inconvenience" of a cord is a non-issue.
Esp when contrasted with the inconvenience of having to wait for a battery
to charge *or* recharge while using the device (and, when the battery
ultimately fails is some time when you are USING the device).

Depends on your needs. In a small shop or for bench work a cord is not
a big deal. Atop a ladder 200 feet from the nearest receptacle it sure
is handy to have battery operated tools.