Posted to alt.home.repair

Default price of AAA alkaline

On 06/04/2016 09:45 AM, HerHusband wrote:
Don,

We've had so few, here, that they come as a real "surprise"!

We occasionally get what I call "annoyance" outages. That's when the power
blips off for a minute or two before coming on again. Just long enough to
screw up all the clocks in the house, annoying.

And reset all those "power amnesiacs", equipment that can't remember
it's supposed to be ON.

I have a LED light, that can be set to one of 7 colors. I prefer green
(which looks brightest), but when power is first applied it always comes
on white. However, in this case I find that useful. It's a power outage
indicator.

Thankfully, most of our clocks are battery operated now, and the UPS for my
computer sails right through those.

Not AC with battery backup. I find that those with battery backup are
usually slow on it, and so worse than no battery (wrong time not obvious
failure).

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Being surprised at the fact that the universe is fine tuned for life is
akin to a puddle being surprised at how well it fits its hole" --
Douglas Adams