Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Car Specifications

On 04/06/16 17:16, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
DerbyBorn a écrit :
What is it that tends to define the typical specification of cars
imported into a particular country?

Some countries I have been to do not seem to have reversing sensors
over a time when they have become commonplace in the UK.

Cruise Control whilst unusual in the UK is very common across all
classes of car in other countries.

I suppose other additions like GPS / SatNav are a bit country specific.

I can see how an Importer of one brand would make a decision, but this
seems to go across brands.

Well, cruise would not be much use in a country where they don't have
(m)any motorways.

Bull****. Its fantastic for knowing you are not exceeding stupid
lefty**** speed limits. set it to the limit, and engage it until you
need to slow down : 30, 40 , 50 , 60, 79. It works for all of them so
you don't need to keep looking at the speedo, but can actually watch out
for more hazards than just speed cameras.

My car has every toy you could think of or wish for, including built in
TV and sat/nav, apart from it being a manual. I am equally happy with
either auto or manual, both have their good and bad points so far as I
am concerned.

IN town traffic I get a stiff left leg from manuals, and I like the
faster reaction times I get from left foot braking on an auto.

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx