Posted to alt.home.repair

Default price of AAA alkaline / emergency lighting

On 06/03/2016 11:54 PM, HerHusband wrote:
LED lights with coin cells are small enough to
put one on key rings. It's wise to carry a small
light on your keys, or some where you have it
near you all the time.

My keys are usually sitting on my dresser when I'm at home. When the power
goes off I'm usually on the other side of the house. A key ring light
would be of little use for me.

At home, I try to keep a flashlight in a known location (2 flashlights
are better, in case one doesn't work). It's also easy to find since it's
next to the cable phone adapter (with battery and it's on a UPS).

I have emergency lights plugged in various places around the house. When
the power goes out they come on automatically making it easy to navigate
through the house to get my other lights.

I have an old UPS that won't put out much current, so it's no good for a
PC. However, it DOES work with a string of LED holiday lights, so it's
an emergency light as well as a hall light ("lilly's lights" named after
a small cat that slept in the hall).

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Being surprised at the fact that the universe is fine tuned for life is
akin to a puddle being surprised at how well it fits its hole" --
Douglas Adams