Posted to alt.home.repair

Default price of AAA alkaline

On 06/03/2016 12:53 PM, Don Y wrote:

[snip]

Our utilities are below grade so seldom affected. Our last outage was
a distribution transformer for the neighborhood catching fire. Before
that, IIRC, a fire in a cable vault.

I watched construction in a new neighborhood a few years ago. They put
all utilities underground.

That'd be nice here, but this area is older.

In 20+ years, I think we've lost power 3 or 4 times. (lost natural gas
supply
once -- THAT was interesting!)

I lost natural gas once, because of a defective regulator that had to be
replaced. They had to purge the line at my water heater. I was there and
was surprised at how loud a noise the gas made when it came through.

[snip]

The last time I used a flashlight was to see how much gas was in a
little generator (a Honda EU2000i). At the time it was very sunny
outside, but I needed light INSIDE the tank.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Being surprised at the fact that the universe is fine tuned for life is
akin to a puddle being surprised at how well it fits its hole" --
Douglas Adams