Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default price of AAA alkaline

Hi Anthony,

On 6/4/2016 7:45 AM, HerHusband wrote:
We've had so few, here, that they come as a real "surprise"!

We occasionally get what I call "annoyance" outages. That's when the power
blips off for a minute or two before coming on again. Just long enough to
screw up all the clocks in the house, annoying.

I had an ISP thast must have been plagued with a similar problem
(or, a software bug) as I noticed that if I was pulling down an
ISO at certain times of the overnight that the connection would
"reset".

I knew it wasn't anything on my end (as I'd be sitting there,
at the time -- doubtful they had staff on site at all hours of the
night!)

Thankfully, most of our clocks are battery operated now, and the UPS for my
computer sails right through those.

I've been trying to replace all of our clocks with designs of my
own (I like clocks!). Part of the design process is to include
"time services" so they automatically track a common reference
(that *they* elect, if the previous "reference" is unavailable).