Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Car Specifications

On 04/06/16 16:59, Graham. wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 15:23:00 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

What is it that tends to define the typical specification of cars imported
into a particular country?

Some countries I have been to do not seem to have reversing sensors over a
time when they have become commonplace in the UK.

Cruise Control whilst unusual in the UK is very common across all classes
of car in other countries.

I suppose other additions like GPS / SatNav are a bit country specific.

I can see how an Importer of one brand would make a decision, but this
seems to go across brands.

The obvious cultural difference that I think of is automatic vs manual
transmission

These days hardly even that. Modern UK autos are so good its hardly
worth having a manual.

--
€œit should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus