Andy Hall

Default Angle drills

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 07:14:25 +0000, Paul Mc Cann
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:10:00 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:54:17 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

Since when have DIYers costed their time? Many are time rich, cash poor.

I certainly do and I am sure that a lot of other people do as well.

The equation is between the cost of having the work done and doing it
yourself including the cost of materials and the lifetime cost of the
tools.

snip

Personally I couldn't agree with this sentiment. I will often do the
job myself because I frequently can do it to a better standard, but
the primary reason for diy for me is the sheer trouble of finding
someone to do the job, at any price, never mind finding someon to do
it at a sensible price.

Having said that I do get pleasure in diy.

I agree with your points as well, Paul, regarding quality of work,
getting people and enjoying doing the job.

I was trying to relate my comments to the economic ones in terms of
why I prefer to buy professional and branded tools for the most part.
I also find that the better job that I can almost always do is a
benefit as well, to me at least, but it's hard to quantify that,.
It's also perfectly legitimate to spend one's money or something that
one likes, of course........

Paul Mc Cann

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl