Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Course hand saw for resawing

Set in the teeth makes it a crosscut. If you have a "saw set" a
tool like a Pliers with a anvil and a press pin that bends a tooth
to one side. Move and do every other one. Then rotate the saw and
work down the other teeth pressing them off center like the others.

To convert - press the teeth back into line - e.g. press the wrong tooth
to the center line working on both sides.

Martin

On 5/31/2016 10:09 AM, woodchucker wrote:
On 5/30/2016 6:04 PM, Michael wrote:
I'm making some oak and cedar boxes with hand tools only, and I want
to resaw 3/4 inch boards to 1/4. My current hand saw takes about a
year and a half to get the job done, and I'm wondering if I'm better
off buying a course cutting hand saw, maybe a 9 pt or so. Does anyone
have any experience or advice for this project?

Thanks,

Mike

The current crop of saws are crosscut only. Get an old RIP saw. put a
file on the teeth and go for it.