Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

Mark Lloyd
Tue, 31 May 2016 19:28:27 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 05/31/2016 12:33 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Mr Macaw:
People can multitask.

I am pretty sure that the science says that is not true in the
strict sense of computer terminology.

Instead of "Multitasking", it is more like "Time Slicing"

It's "Time Slicing" that people can do, and they're not very good
at it. Especially when one or more of the tasks is time critical.

According to an old NASA article (I can't find a reference to it off
hand, sorry) the average human brain cannot handle doing more than
three things at nearly the same time. The more critical the tasks, the
less likely we're able to accurately perform them while doing something
else. Our brains aren't as direct or single task oriented as the
computers we use.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That