S. Endon-Lee

Default Isolating Valve replacement handles?

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"S. Endon-Lee" wrote in message
om...
my washing machine and dishwasher are plumbed in with isolating
valves/taps similar to these in the Screwfix catalogue.
The question is, can I get more substantial handles than the somewhat
brittle plastic ones?

Plumbers merchants normally have the chrome heads separate for these valves,
so it might be worth a visit to your local one. I know someone told me they
got a set from B&Q, but I don't know if they still do them.

Thanks BigWallop.

I hope 'Plumb Center' establishments qualify as plumbers merchants,
and aren't just 'sheds' in disguise.

Thanks to others for suggestions on using quarter-turn full-bore
valves - I'd love to, but I have restricted space, and I'm not
confident in my ability to install them.

As for turning the water on and off, I'm not keen on having a flood in
my flat, and I take the view that an ounce of prevention is worth a
pound of cure. A fiend of mine just fractured his water supply pipe
and flooded his garage and neighbour's garden to the depth of 10
inches (and his neighbour's garden is BIG) - I've no wish to replicate
that in my small but bijou flat.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Regards,

Sid