Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Duffy[_5_] Mike Duffy[_5_] is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On Tue, 31 May 2016 19:15:32 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

I quit using pepper spray when it became obvious that
I react badly to any amount in the environment.
I've switched to guns. ^_^

I think it depends more on how quickly one needs to 'neutralize' the
threat. I've never had the pleasure of real weapon grade pepper spray. I
expect that food-grade (hot sauce) is much milder, but I have noted that it
takes a few seconds to take effect.

If your attacker is using a knife, he will probably be able to get close
enough to be a danger before losing his vision or mobility due to pepper
spray.

Also, I'm not convinced it would really stop a charging bear before it gets
close enough start thrashing. (That's the only 'legal' reason for civilians
to buy pepper spray around here.)