Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On Mon, 30 May 2016 00:43:42 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 05/29/2016 04:52 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

[snip]

"200 people were killed by speeding drivers" - yes, out of 65
million. That's pretty good odds.

And THAT is "supposed" to be comforting to those who are dying because
of a speeding driver.

What a stupid thing to say. The point is it's unlikely to happen. We as a society should not react to something that kills 1 in a million. We should concentrate our resources on things that kill 1 in a 1000.

--
Archimedes principle: When a body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.