Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On Tue, 31 May 2016 20:38:04 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 31/05/2016 20:31, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2016 20:28:27 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 05/31/2016 12:33 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Mr Macaw:
People can multitask.

I am pretty sure that the science says that is not true in the strict
sense of computer terminology.

Instead of "Multitasking", it is more like "Time Slicing"

It's "Time Slicing" that people can do, and they're not very good at it.
Especially when one or more of the tasks is time critical.

Bull****, you clearly know nothing about how the brain works. It's
divided into different parts for different types of task, just like a
computer is. For example, having a conversation while walking. Neither
impedes the other.

A simple example of multitasking; I can stir 1 cup of tea with my left
hand whilst putting sugar in another cup with my right and singing at
the same time, plus tapping my foot.

But you can't tap your foot to one song while singing another.

--
A blonde is walking down a creek. While she's looking around she notices Judi walking along the other side of the creek. She yells to the other blonde. "Hey, how do I get to the other side?"
Judi replies, "You are on the other side!"