Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On Tue, 31 May 2016 19:54:05 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 31/05/2016 19:53, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2016 19:48:00 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 31/05/2016 19:44, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2016 19:33:14 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 31/05/2016 19:26, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2016 15:36:07 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 10:06:55 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 7:02:15 PM UTC-4, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Mr Macaw:

Don't you end up in hospital quitting heroin cold turkey?

Not according to the book cited.

In fact, they say that heroin addicts quit "Cold Turkey" on
somewhat of
a regular basis for economic reasons - when their
tolerance/required
doses for the desired effect get too high.

They quit, tolerance drops, habit gets cheaper, and then they
resume.

That's per the book - I have never known anybody who was a heroin
addict.
--
Pete Cresswell

My GF works at a drug / alcohol treatment center. she reports going
cold turkey on heroin is very dangerous. i know a heroin addict who
is dying she has that wasted look. plusa heavy smoker she has COPD
too.

nearly all drug addicts are smokers too

From what I've read about drug addiction treatment centers, the
center
personnel don't take the cigarettes away from the patients because
nicotine is more difficult to give up than other addictive drugs. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Drugged Monster

I know plenty people who stopped it or cut down severely (as in to
about
a quarter) to save money. It wasn't that difficult from what they
said,
no different to giving up chocolate for example.

It's definitely more difficult for many people. I am but one example.

I don't believe you. You'd manage just fine without the tobacco :-)

Been there done it several times. You're just ignorant on the subject.

Tobacco does **** all compared to other substances.

ok, I'm lying. Argue with yourself.

You know tobacco is ****, that's why you enhance it.

--
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?