Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On Tue, 31 May 2016 20:14:15 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 05/31/2016 08:52 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

I become asthmatic when exposed to tobacco smoke. It's like pepper spray to me and it's due to my exposure to my parents cigarette smoke before and after I was born. I was an adult before I
found out that my mother had chain smoked while pregnant with me and my brother. I went cold turkey on nicotine at the age of one day with me going through withdrawal just like a modern
"Crack Baby". People didn't know any better back in the middle of the last century when so many young people were getting out of the military, getting married and raising families. My
parents didn't give up smoking until a doctor told my father to stop smoking or he would die. My dad was on his late 40's when he and my mom gave up cigarettes so my youngest siblings weren't exposed to the smoke me and the older kids had to put up with. People didn't know any better back then but there is no excuse today to expose children to tobacco smoke. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Coughing Monster

Also, smokers claim it's a good thing when they've smoked so long they
no longer cough.

That is NOT a good thing. It means one of your body's defensive reflexes
has failed because of overload.

No, it means you've adapted to it. Just like you get harder soles from running barefoot.

--
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.