Marcus

Default how do I copy from DVD to DVD?

Erich J. Schultheis wrote in message
I rented some movies from Blockbuster the other day and tried to burn them

to a DVD-R and my DVD recorder said "Can Not Copy".
The same thing happens when I borrow DVDs from friends and when I try to

copy my DVD disc for friends.
I can burn movies from digital cable and off the antenna just fine.
Is the DVD too high a resolution for my DVD recorder or do I have a bad

cable from my DVD player which is preventing me from recording to DVD?

Erich,

Basically, it's CGMS stopping you making a copy of a commercial DVD
(CopyGuard), which is what the recorder is supposed to be doing. Legally.

I'm with the others, go out and buy the movies in question if you like them.
You can afford a DVD recorder, right? and if off digital cable and the
antenna is fine, then how about buying the movies you really like?

Marcus