Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

hah
Mon, 30 May 2016 05:25:23 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 05/29/2016 09:23 PM, Diesel wrote:

[snip]

1500/232.1=6.5 amps *rounded up*
1500/235=6.39 amps *rounded up*

And that's due entirely to distance with no loads present on the
line yet.

[snip]

Where can I get one of these magic heaters, that uses 1500 watts
when it isn't connected?

Hmm? Oh.. ROFL, I see. That's what happens when you don't pay
attention to context and choose to selectively quote.

Those are load calculations based on a 1500watt element running at
two different voltages. It shows the amount of amps required to get
1500watts at those voltages.

The different voltages are directly related to length and diameter of
wire and have nothing to do with the load from the heater at this
point.

Thanks to the wire and the wire alone, some volts have already been
lost (as in they'll never reach the heater) in transit, due again, to
the wires own resistance and length. In this case, the length is the
same; 100ft. But, the wire size or gauge is not. 12ga is on the top,
10ga is on the bottom; for comparison.

Might I suggest a simple english comprehension class or two? Muggles
suffers from a similar problem. So, you're in very good company.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That