Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

notX Mon,
30 May 2016 03:19:44 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 05/29/2016 09:23 PM, Diesel wrote:

[snip]

Just to clarify, the calculations I provided in this post aren't
FUD, unless you're able to dismiss the yellow Ugly electrician
reference book.

If it says you have voltage drop without load, it SHOULD be
dismissed.

http://www.uglys.net/

You have voltage drop due to the length and size of the wire. Because
the wire isn't a super conductor.

At the end of the day, you might have put 120 volts on the line, but,
100ft down that line, you aren't getting 120 volts. Some has been lost
on the wire, due to the wires own resistance.

Switch from AC to DC with no other changes, and the voltage drop is
more pronounced.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That