Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default InSinkErator Disposer Housing Cracked

On Sun, 29 May 2016 14:14:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Well even years later I found this thread useful and it didn't show up from any other sources in my search results.

Back on topic: Had hairline vertical crack in the upper housing of a Badger 1. About 2 inches long. Thought I'd try a patch-it approach before replacement. ~$5 and 10 minutes later I had an ugly wad of epoxy putty (the "plumbing" kind from a well recognized brand)

Why not tell us the brand so we'll know what works?

covering the crack. Couple weeks after the "repair" and it's holding.

FTR the GD doesn't get heavy use.

On Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 1:30:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2015 11:10:17 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Where did you dig up that nearly 6 year old post of mine?

I guess it's true what they say, watch what you say on the internet, it
never disappears completely.

FWIW the cheaspie disposal I described installing as a replacement back
then is still holding up and doing its thing.

Jeff

There is one or more idiots reposting the old archives from google
groups on alt.home.repair at a rate of at least 2 posts a day.
Most seem to originate from flashnewsgroups.com. They all use random
user names.

Why anyone does this makes little sense to me!

I dont reply to any of them.......