Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default log harvesting from lake bottoms

On 5/29/2016 8:19 AM, Jack wrote:

On 5/28/2016 5:16 PM, krw wrote:
On Sat, 28 May 2016 10:45:21 -0400, Jack wrote:

So, you're saying Swing has personal experience evaluating a bunch of
violins in a double blind study,

Pretty much, yes. Specifically "evaluating" the sound of acoustic
instruments for recording was my specialty as a recording
engineer/producer .. about 23+ years worth of exactly that.

And that specifically included many Cremona period instruments - cello,
viola, viola da gamba, violin - for symphonies, Early Music, and
Classical Music ensembles from around the world ... including the
recording of 11 _violin_ books and audio volumes for various artist's
published by Mel Bay publications.

simply because Google was used
to locate the study reported on the National Geographic web site.

Well, we understand you had to do something to fill in the gaps in your
knowledge which you admitted to in your first post, eh?

As long as you're going to rely solely on Google for your knowledge,
might as well get some practice.

Try my name, with some terms like: recording, music, violin, "heights
sound studio", acoustic, cantiga, etc. ... and be sure you mix'em up to
get the full effect.

Can we do the same with your name on the subject of evaluating the sound
of acoustic instruments?

Idiot!

Add ignorant and naive to that, you'd be looking in the mirror.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net