Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On 29/05/2016 02:23, wrote:
On Sat, 28 May 2016 19:43:20 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

bob haller wrote:
A great start would be anywhere anyone complains about it

so all public places, townhouses, detached homes if the stench is
detectable off site like a neighbors yard. smoking should be illegal
around any child anyone under 21

we asa nation really need to extqunish smoking completely.

the fiancial and personal costs, are just way too high

Suppose no one in the US smoked or EVER smoked. Would they still die?
Seems to me, smokers die faster and (perhaps) younger thereby reducing the
financial cost. Got a light, bud?

I tend to agree. Smokers generally delay medical care until they are
on their death bed and die quickly. It is nothing compared to the cost
of the typical hypochondriacs who bleed medicare every day, linger
into their 90s and use far more medical services.
To be clear, I don't smoke but I am also not offended when people do
and I know their smoke is not harming me. Simply smelling a whiff of
smoke is harmless, it just offends a few people looking for a reason
to be offended. There seems to be a pretty long list of things that
offend these people. .

Well said.

--
Bod