Posted to alt.home.repair
Fats Fats is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

On 5/26/2016 9:04 AM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 5/25/2016 9:59 PM, wrote:
Hi,
I'm wiring four new electric baseboards in my basement.
All four are 220Volt units: 500W, 500W, 1000W, 1500W, for a total of 3500W. From the main panel to the farthest unit is less than 100ft.
If I understood the rules, putting all of this on one circuit will require a 20Amp breaker (1.25*3500W/220V), and the wire can be #12AWG.
Did I get that right, and am I missing any other design factor?

Many thanks, especially if you can reference the NEC so I know I'm doing it right.
Theodore

Why the hell wood anybuddy want electric baseboards?
Are you nuts?

So when that gobdamn fancy 96% efficient furnace with all its phucking safety sensors and switches takes a **** (and it will), my house won't
freeze. OK?

These phucking new fangled furnaces ain't as reliable as the old ones.