Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Riverside Cottage 3

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 24/05/16 10:26, Tim Lamb wrote:

Does the rack need any attention once set up? I will have lots of eaves
access spaces but behind doors.

No.

A decent unmanaged switch should 'just run' and teh other thing you
might put there, is a TV VHF distribution amp. That too will 'just
ruin'.

My rack only got accessed when I needed to repatch the patch panels
or add a temporary ethernet cable to it directly, having run out of
socketes in the office elsewhere.

OK. There is an existing TV amp and distribution system which may need
updating.

Ta.

I've found these to be reliable, but you need to buy an extra
component as well to inject the supply voltage. It's very difficult to
buy lossless combiners.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1