Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Is it safe to replace a 2500 W oven bake element with a 3000 W element?"

On Tue, 24 May 2016 10:19:47 -0700 (PDT), leza wang
wrote:

Hi all

my stove is a 1971 Moffat Maitre D, 30 inch, model 30 T 68, (45 years old!).

When I do my research, I found that Moffat was part of GE. unfortunately, I didn't write down who advised me to buy a Universal UB963 element when I gave them the model number. I am afraid it is incomplete advice, no mention was made of short prong, long prong. It was the wrong advice I think.

I'll call Reliance to ask about the prong length of that model. I only learned after the element was replaced that the wattage info was on the back of the stove.

Any help would be very much appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

A good place to buy flour, although online the cheapest order is $40CN
The mill has been in continuous operation for 197 years and half of it
still runs from water power. Much of the equipment is over 100 years
old.
http://www.arvaflourmill.com/?show=history
http://www.arvaflourmill.com/store/p...FLOUR-Special-