Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Riverside Cottage 3

On 23/05/2016 22:40, S Viemeister wrote:
On 5/23/2016 2:58 PM, polygonum wrote:
On 23/05/2016 19:39, S Viemeister wrote:
On 5/23/2016 1:54 PM, Mark Allread wrote:
What speed do you get? Less than 2mbps and you may be able to apply
for
a grant for a satellite installation if there is no prospect of it
being
improved.
Interesting. Do you have a link for that?

You most certainly can get a grant for superfast broadband, subject to
various conditions, including where you live:
http://gov.wales/topics/science-and-...band/?lang=eng

http://www.bluewaveinternet.co.uk/
Note, you need to at least double your broadband speed in order to be
eligible. So, currently less than 15 taking you to about 30 with
Bluewave is viable.

(I don't live in Wales but happened to know about this.)

We're a bit far from Wales, unfortunately (the north coast of Scotland).

Well this is not the same, but ma be of interest:

http://www.parliament.scot/parliamen...ees/87662.aspx

--
Rod