Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default cutting in reverse

On Mon, 23 May 2016 17:01:25 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 10:19:57 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 7:52:36 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

.
I know of two.

When I was very small, the neighbor's kid was hit by a thrown stone and killed.

So that's one.

Because of that, my Dad refused to ever have a power mower, so I mowed the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

that's two.

When I was in junior high school back in the last century, a county maintenance worker was cutting the grass outside one of the classrooms when he hit a rock and the rock shot through a classroom window striking a teenage girl in the head. Of course there was a lot of blood because head wounds bleed A LOT. The poor guy felt so bad that he'd hurt the girl that he almost quit his job. There was a policy change after the accident ordering that maintenance workers or football players walk the grassy areas picking up debris before a mower could be run through the grass. I didn't think lawn mowing should have been going on when there were kids there during the school day. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Grassy Monster

This is the typical ****e that happens. A one in a million accident that will never occur again happens, and legislation is brought in to stop it, even though it never would have happened again. Then something completely different happens, and so it goes on. Then you end up with so much ****ing legislation everything takes 5 times longer to do at 5 times the cost. So actually, since everyone is now 5 times worse off, you could say that the legislation is causing people to starve to death.

--
Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.