Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default cutting in reverse

On 2016-05-23 2:06 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 18:56:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 23/05/2016 18:38, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/23/2016 11:19 AM, TimR wrote:
On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 7:52:36 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

.

I know of two.

When I was very small, the neighbor's kid was hit by a thrown stone
and killed.

So that's one.

Because of that, my Dad refused to ever have a power mower, so I mowed
the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

that's two.

Sorry to hear that.

On some further thought, I know an adult who lost
part of a couple toes as a teen ager, mowing on a
hill.

I forget where I read the story, but it said that a bloke was using a
Strimmer and a stone took off his toe and the toe then flew upwards and
took an eye out.
Now *that's* unusually bad luck and must be a first Shirley?

The simple answer to all of this is "**** happens". Stop worrying about
what might happen and get on with life.

While true, if you do it to yourself, that is one thing, if you injure a
neighbour or stranger because of a careless action, it can get
expensive. It is better just to do it safely, in the first place.

Why do people always come up with that nonsense? Almost every single person on the planet will put themselves before someone else. So why on earth would you say it's ok to endanger yourself and not others?

--
Reason to smile: Every 7 minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.