Posted to alt.home.repair
FrozenNorth[_9_] FrozenNorth[_9_] is offline

Default cutting in reverse

On 2016-05-23 2:06 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 18:56:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 23/05/2016 18:38, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/23/2016 11:19 AM, TimR wrote:
On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 7:52:36 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

.

I know of two.

When I was very small, the neighbor's kid was hit by a thrown stone
and killed.

So that's one.

Because of that, my Dad refused to ever have a power mower, so I mowed
the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

that's two.

Sorry to hear that.

On some further thought, I know an adult who lost
part of a couple toes as a teen ager, mowing on a
hill.

I forget where I read the story, but it said that a bloke was using a
Strimmer and a stone took off his toe and the toe then flew upwards and
took an eye out.
Now *that's* unusually bad luck and must be a first Shirley?

The simple answer to all of this is "**** happens". Stop worrying about
what might happen and get on with life.

While true, if you do it to yourself, that is one thing, if you injure a
neighbour or stranger because of a careless action, it can get
expensive. It is better just to do it safely, in the first place.

--
Froz....

---