Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default cutting in reverse

On Mon, 23 May 2016 17:24:34 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2016 09:18:33 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 11:23:59 AM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:19:51 +0100, TimR wrote:

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 7:52:36 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

.

I know of two.

When I was very small, the neighbor's kid was hit by a thrown stone and killed.

So that's one.

Which wouldn't have been helped by any kind of cutout switch.

A push mower can throw a stone just as easily. Neither of them would usually kill anyone. Probably just as likely to be killed by a fly entering your eye while cycling, causing you to be temporarily blinded and crash headlong into a tree.

Because of that, my Dad refused to ever have a power mower, so I mowed the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

that's two.

How is it two? You weren't injured.

Whoosh!

A "push mower" is not a "power mower"
It works on muscle power.

And he said he used it, not inured himself with it.

--
A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death -- Albert Einstein