Posted to alt.home.repair
Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] is offline

Default Knob & Tube wiring - when did it stop?

On 5/21/2016 8:44 AM, engineer/realtor wrote:
replying to RBM, engineer/realtor wrote:
I have a couple of rental properties with K&T (sometimes referred to as
knob
and spool). Attic access is limited and usually damage to suspended
wiring is
a result of crawling around in the attic. I changed out the plugs to 3
prong
and was surprised to find the insulation in really good shape. For the
most
part, Europe does not reference their power systems to ground and use 220
distribution. They have fewer lightning problems, can use smaller
conductors,
have plugs that disconnect before anyone can touch prongs. Safety is
less a
problem. GFCI's are not required outside and in wet areas.

Like I said B4, this electrical grounding is just bull****.
I never ground nutin', honey.