Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cutting in reverse

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 10:19:57 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 7:52:36 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't
remember ever meeting (or first generation
reliable source hearing about) a child
injured by a lawn mower.

.
I know of two.

When I was very small, the neighbor's kid was hit by a thrown stone and killed.

So that's one.

Because of that, my Dad refused to ever have a power mower, so I mowed the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

that's two.

When I was in junior high school back in the last century, a county maintenance worker was cutting the grass outside one of the classrooms when he hit a rock and the rock shot through a classroom window striking a teenage girl in the head. Of course there was a lot of blood because head wounds bleed A LOT. The poor guy felt so bad that he'd hurt the girl that he almost quit his job. There was a policy change after the accident ordering that maintenance workers or football players walk the grassy areas picking up debris before a mower could be run through the grass. I didn't think lawn mowing should have been going on when there were kids there during the school day. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Grassy Monster