Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi sliding mitre saw review

On Sunday, 22 May 2016 20:09:32 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote
Rod Speed wrote
tabbypurr wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I can't find anyone local selling the dexion slotted tube
anymore and was considering importing a pack or two of it.

I got one when I was building the house and have
now used it all for shelving and need to do some
more, mainly for full floor to ceiling bookshelves
covering an entire quite large wall.

Wood works better for that sort of thing.

Like hell it does. Nothing like as easy to make completely
rigid vertical frames that support the shelves,

no issue there with wood framing

MUCH easier to do with slotted steel tube.

is it?

nothing like as easy to have slots every 25mm so you can adjust
the shelf spacing to minimise the waste of space vertically.

wood shelving is infinitely adjustable.

But not as easily as moving what is in the slot.

A screw versus a bolt. The main upside of timber framed shelving is that you can make it the exact size and if necessary shape of wherever it's going, in all 3 dimensions. It also looks much better in a home than dexion. And finally it's much more versatile and easy to add features onto, something that's seldom done with steel because it's a pig to do.

NT