Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi sliding mitre saw review

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
The steel cutting disk isnt perfect in the sense that you do
get a bit of flange of steel that you need to trim with an
angle grinder after cutting it and I've always had some
reservations about what it would be like if the disk
comes apart in use. Not that I have ever had one fail.

The trick is to change the disc frequently as they seem to blunt. They're
cheap enough. And not 'force' it through the work too hard. That minimises
any lip. And with painted Speedframe, prevents damage to the paint.

Also it might depend on the speed of your saw. The angle grinder is
optimised for discs.

But most will need a rub with a file etc after cutting.

--
*You can't have everything, where would you put it?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.