Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Recommendations for laser measurer requested

On 22/05/2016 08:32, MM wrote:
I look at the Bosch PLR 15 on Amazon, but there are a number of
low-rated reviews of it.

What do people recommend? I don't need bells and whistles. It just has
to measure width/length of a room. But LASER not ultrasonic! It also
has to be reliable, unlike, apparently, the Bosch one.

Thanks.

I asked a similar question recently. And ended up with the GLM 50 C.
Much more expensive. But it includes an inclinometer, has better range,
and links via Bluetooth to an Android or IOS device. Despite starting
out with the same basic requirement as you.

Bought from Campbell Miller Tools Ltd in Glasgow (who have a shop front
on Amazon but were a touch cheaper directly).

My decision was based on many factors, not least the relatively poor
reviews of many of the cheaper devices. (Lots of the reviews of the very
cheap end products admit they were written after being supplied with
free product. And I suspect many more are not quite what they claim to
be.) Also realised that a second-hand PLR 15 isn't going to be worth
anything - so got a more up-range model and there is an outside
possibility of selling it on when my main project is complete.

Have not yet started the project I bought it for, so have only played
around with it so far. Seems to work well. That laser is *** bright ***!

--
Rod