Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Replaced Ice Maker How Long For It To Produce Ice?

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 8:08:45 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 3:44:01 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2016 18:44:01 +0000, JimmyB
wrote:

The unit needs to get to 15deg before it will add water for ice, this could
take 24-26 hrs

Golly. Ice will not produce until the mold is cold enough. Then the
heater do jigger tosses it into the bucket.

I love America.

IDK how long it will take to get to 15F, but unless the freezer is loaded
full of warm stuff, I doubt it will take 24 hours. Also, I have doubts
about the 15F before it *adds* water for ice. Makes no sense to me.
I thought the process was mold gets filled with water, once a sensor
detects that the mold has dropped well below freezing (maybe that's the 15F)
indicating the cubes are hard, it turns on a heater, loosens them up,
pushes them out, then the mold refills.

Stolen without permission from:

http://products.geappliances.com/app...ontentId=17402

"New Icemaker Not Producing Ice:

If the refrigerator icemaker has just been installed, there are a few things that must happen before it can produce ice:

- The refrigerator and icemaker must be at proper temperature.
- If just installed, the icemaker itself could take 24 hours to get
cold enough to produce ice.
- The icemaker must reach 15 degrees F before a cycle will begin."