Deke

Default Cable ready, or not? Help?

Thanks Guys. I've worked on more than a few TVs in my life, this one had
me stumped. Thought I was losing it. I feel much better, its the damn
cheapo TV's fault. LOL...

Thanks again.

Deke

"Sofie" wrote in message
Neal:.... you are correct............
Deke: .....you can use your favorite VCR to tune in the cable

channels.....
and just leave the television on channel 3 or 4.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Neil" wrote in message
m...
This unit is NOT cable ready, without a external converter/channel

selector.
My parents have the exact same model in the basement that they bought in

91,
and it was never cable ready. It always needed a external channel

changer/
converter. This was quite common for TVs sold at this time.
Kim

"Deke" wrote in message
news
I bought a LXI (Sears) 19" TV at an auction recently. (12 bucks,

great
picture), Model 580.41008190, manufactured in 1991. It has an

electronic
rotary tuner, non-remote, with on-screen channel display. According

its
date of manufacture, it SHOULD be cable ready, but for the life of me

cant
figure out how to switch it to cable mode. Is this some weird foreign

model
(?), or is it just not cable ready? I'm stumped by this one. I've

gone
over the entire case with a 500,000 candlepower light, no external

switches
for switching to cable (old bad eyes).
Any help appreciated.

Thanks