Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Aldi sliding mitre saw review

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 May 2016 02:12:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, 21 May 2016 07:18:35 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Which dexion are you talking about, the roughly 5x3" angle with
very large holes in it for bolts, or the 25mm square black slotted
tube with knock in corners ?

I've never seen Dexion that size

Nor me.

Yeah, my brain fart there in hindsight. Nowhere near as big as the
5x3" RHS that I have along the top of entire N and S walls that the
galvanised I beams with one flange missing are welded to.

25mm square black (unslottted) tube with knock in joints
sounds more like (Dexion) Speedframe?

Yep. But the slotted version. I don't use the knock in joints,
I weld them into rectangular floor to ceiling frames and
dynabolt those to the concrete slab floor and block walls
and do all the shelving in the house that way, for books,
pantry and general shelving and wardrobes etc.

With 12mm aluminium flats cut to length that go in the
slots, with the shelves resting on those with the shallower
shelving for books and the pantry instead of the little metal
clips that Dexion sells.

Shelves in a variety of mdf, timber, melamine clad mdf in the pantry.