Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jigsaw jams too often

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 19 May 2016 22:32:06 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

On 5/19/2016 7:34 PM, krw wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2016 13:50:28 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 5/19/2016 12:18 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Your anecdote condemns century link[*], not refurbs in general.

Exactly ...

Although not what it was even five years ago, and having built my own
computers for years, and repairing my laptops when needed, I don't mind
taking a chance on a Dell "Certified Refurbished" from their Outlet
store, at a considerable saving and with the same warranty as new.

I will say that most all laptop construction these days pretty much
sucks, and Dell seems to be leading the pack in that regard.

My wife has a Lenovo Yoga 3. The construction is impressive, though
it's a little slow. When I replace this tablet, I'll probably buy a
Yoga 900, or whatever replaces it.

I have always found the IBM thinkpads to be slower, than others, and
Lenovo too.

My company gave me new HP laptop (2 years ago), it is the pits. HP loads
it with a bunch of junk that actually kills the machine, reimage it and
it's better, but still sucks.

My home laptop is an Asus, which I consider to be the better consumer
grade right now. It has an I5 and beats out my I7 HP.

I have been looking for a new laptop for work. I haven't decided as it's
not that easy to find something really fast, and solid, without issues.
Each one seems to have a weakness. And opinions are like assholes.
Sometimes its the idiot behind the keyboard, others it's a real issue.

The "proffessional" grade Lenovo T Pad with i5 and 8 or moer Gb RAM
is a FAST and reliable machine

I'd be hard pressed to take an HP if it was free. (actually I have one
I got free, and I wopudn't want another)

I used to feel that way, but my company-issue machine is an HP that is
actually quite nice.