Ash1

Default Sound proofing wall

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:23:22 +0100, Martin Angove
wrote:

In message ,
Ash1 wrote:

My neighbour is deaf and has to have the tv blasting out. As its a
semi detached house and built in 1991 the party wall is only breeze
block and plaster board. My bed actually rests on the wall which her
tvs on. I s there anyway I can soundproof the wall,Ive looked in BQ
but they dont have anything. Any ideas?

If the tv is attached to the wall, then nothing much is going to help.
Even if it is merely close to the wall, you're not going to get a
massive reduction without building yourself into a soundproof box within
the room. In this case, mass and isolation are the two key elements.

Far better to have a chat with your neighbour. Perhaps visit the RNID
first because they will have brochures about subtitles, remote speakers,
headphones, hearing aids and (possibly best) induction loops. Once you
have this information, you have some sensible suggestions you can make.

There is also the thorny issue of a right to a quiet life. As a last
resort you can contact your authority's environmental health people
about this, but if you are thinking about it, try keeping a diary for a
few weeks first.

Hwyl!

M.

Yes i suppose your right. If insulation isnt the answer then ill have
to have words.Ive been trying to avoid this as shes quite old,but she
does have the tv blasting out till sometimes 4.00am. Thanks anyway