Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi sliding mitre saw review

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2016 02:12:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, 21 May 2016 07:18:35 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Which dexion are you talking about, the roughly 5x3" angle with
very large holes in it for bolts, or the 25mm square black slotted
tube with knock in corners ?

I've never seen Dexion that size

Nor me. 25mm square black (unslottted) tube with knock in joints
sounds more like (Dexion) Speedframe?

Yes. Made some speaker stands from it. They once did a smaller version
(20mm?) in matt chrome.

I use an angle grinder in a stand with steel cutting disc to cut it.
I've use my sliding saw to cut ally - not sure I'd want to risk an
expensive blade on steel. Even one which claims to cut it. ;-)

My local Dexion stockist is no more. Now a block of expensive flats. ;-)

--
*You know you're a redneck if your home has wheels and your car doesn't.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.