Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Jigsaw jams too often

wrote in
:

On Tue, 17 May 2016 15:09:18 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

I am not a fan of many of the dewally stuff. Some are good, many
lately have me wondering what happened to them. To me they are
becoming consumer grade.

That was inevitable when B&D took them over.
Used to be B&B made decent pro tools too - but hat is decades ago.

I don't know that it was inevitable - B&D has owned DeWalt for
eons - but since B&D has chosen to make DeWalt their main brand
in Home Depot and Lowes maybe 15 years ago, they have definately
moved more to the consumer side of the scale.

I am reminded that a long time ago, like early 90s, there was an
ex-B&D engineer in the group. He said B&D tools were designed
for 9 hours lifetime - because the average homeowner used the
tool for 10 or 15 minutes at a time, 4 or 5 times a year, and a
9 hour life was plenty for that market.

I don't think DeWalt tools are quite to that point.

John