Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default How to fix a tap to a big barrel (but it's not a 'water butt' tap)?

On Friday, 20 May 2016 11:16:07 UTC+1, wrote:
harry wrote:
On Thursday, 19 May 2016 12:33:07 UTC+1, wrote:
I have a big barrel that collects rainwater and has a submersible pump
in it to pump the water out when we want to use it.

I'd like to fit a tap to the pump outlet that comes through the side
of the barrel near the top but I can't work out a simple way to plumb
it. The pump outlet (when it gets to the top of the tank) is a 22mm
plastic pipe which runs horizontally to the side of the tank.

Thus I need a tap to mount on the relatively thin side of the barrel
with a 22mm inlet and, preferably a 3/4" BSP on the outside for hose
fittings.

What's the simplest way of doing this?

--
Chris Green
·

You want a bib tap plus a back nut. And a washer.

https://shopping.search.yahoo.com/se...p=yhs-adk_sbnt

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;...focus5_em_ cr

... but doesn't that just fix the tap onto the barrel, how do I feed
the water from the 22mm pipe into the tap? ... and aren't most/many
of those taper threads on the back of the tap?

--
Chris Green
·

Well use a tank connector or just an ordinary tap connector.