Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi sliding mitre saw review

On Thursday, 19 May 2016 21:58:10 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

Turntable has no position lock

Two of the photos on the website show a locking knob ...

Site's detail view won't load. There are knobs I initally assumed were turntable lock, but turned out to be for the clamps.

I forgot to mention one other shortcoming. Clamp metalwork is chrome plated, making it difficult to clamp up without doing up all the screws on them first. My Rexon OTOH clamps fine with all the screws undone, a real time saver.

Also the Aldi has a split fence, which gives much more support than a traditional fixed 1 piece fence.

NT