Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Riverside Cottage

On Thu, 19 May 2016 20:32:58 +0100, News wrote:

In message , Dave W
writes
"News" wrote in message

Tangent alert! Our windows are all still original Victorian sash, and
many panes (with flaws) are probably original, too. One bedroom
window, at the front, is odd. Traditional sash, with four panes of
glass, yet one of the four always looks as though it is not there,
from outside. It just looks dark, and you would think the whole pane
was missing. Looking out, from the bedroom, it looks exactly like the
other three. No idea why.

Interesting. Perhaps it has a non-reflective coating on it, sometimes
used on swish buildings and picture frames.

Possible, I suppose, but why? Why would anyone use anything but plain,
ordinary domestic glass? I don't know.

They got it free?

The guy who owned the house before us was an electrician for Network Rail/
British Rail. Our conservatory is floored with offcuts from Victoria
Station.