Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Riverside Cottage

"Jim White" wrote in message
In message
Tim Lamb wrote:

[snip]

Personally, I detest uPVC. It creaks and groans in hot weather, and
whilst staying white, the gloss does degrade. Good aluminium is robust,
and you have the options of a huge range of powder coat colours if
required.

HTH

I too detest uPVC, because it makes old houses look like dolls houses. I am
very pleased with the aluminium double-glazing I've had in my 1901 terraced
house for 25 years - it is unobtrusive.

Another thing I was careful to avoid is non-flat glass, which I often see.
It doesn't affect the view through it, but the reflections off it make it
look like plastic windows on a dolls house!
--
Dave W